Monday, May 25, 2009

Mighty to Save

This has become one of my favourite songs and my prayer.

Everyone needs compassion,
Love that's never failing;
Let mercy fall on me.

My prayer is that I will be compassionate and will have unconditional love for others. I pray that mercy will flow to others through me.

Everyone needs forgiveness,
The kindness of a Saviour;
The Hope of nations.

I think of all the broken relationships and people who are hurting. I think of Ephesians 4:32. When I’ve been wounded until my heart’s about to break, it’s impossible for me to forgive until I consciously extend kindness to the person who hurt me. That paves the way for empathy and compassion for that person which in turn enables me to forgive. We all have been gifted with the ability to enable others to see the Saviour when we extend forgiveness. I pray that God will open the hearts of people who are wounded too deeply to open them themselves and enable them to forgive.

Chorus:
Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.

Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.

Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.

I think of all the people I know and love who are indifferent toward God’s love or have turned their backs on Him. I pray that God will move the mountains in their lives.

Verse 2:
So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in,
Now I surrender.

I think of Ephesians 1:19-20. The power in us is the same as the strength that God used when he raised Christ from death and he ascended to heaven. Wow! I pray that I will be humble enough get out of the way and surrender to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment